The following Table illustrates Access Control Lists( ACL) for Floreant POS. System ships with an Admin user type who can access all the features. Aside from those suggested ACLs there might be custom user types as a store may need. They are then applied to individual employees/staff, as needed.
|1.||View All Open Ticket||✔️||✔️||✔️||Depends on #3.|
|2.||Create new ticket||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|3.||Void Ticke||✔️||✔️||✔️||Depends on #2|
|4.||View Back Office||✔️||✔️|
|5.||Authorize ticket||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||Depends on # 4|
|7.||Settle ticket||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||Depends on #2|
|9.||Payout||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||Depends on #2|
|13.||View reports||✔️||Depends on #4|
|16.||Perform manager tasks||✔️||✔️||Depends on #2,4|
|17.||Perform administrative task||✔️||✔️||Depends on #2,4|
|18.||Manage table layout||✔️||✔️|
|20.||Modify printed ticket||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|24.||Hold tickets||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||Depends on #2|
|25.||View all closed tickets||✔️||✔️||✔️|
Create User Permissions
Back Office→Admin→User Type–>Add
After adding the user Type name, we can select the following and give that user the permissions required.
- View All Open Ticket: By default, a user can see the only tickets created or owned by them. This permission allows them to see other’s tickets.
- Create New Ticket: Giving permission to create new tickets.
- Void Ticket: Giving permission to void tickets.
- View Back Office: Giving permission to view Back Office.
- Authorize Tickets: Giving permission to Authorize tickets.
- Split Ticket: By this one, a user will have the privilege to split the ticket any ratio they want.
- Settle Ticket: Permission to settle a ticket.
- Reopen Ticket: By this, a user can reopen a settled ticket. If the customer wants something more after a ticket has settled the employee who has the permission can reopen the closed ticket.
- Payout: Permission for paying out.
- Drawer Assignment: Giving permission to assign a drawer. Usually, the admin and the manager used to have this permission.
- Drawer Pull: Giving permission to pull the drawer.
- View Explorers: Giving permission to view explore.
- View Reports: Giving permission to view all kinds of reports.
- Shut Down: Giving authority to shut down.
- Refund: Permission to allow a refund.
- Perform manager Tasks: By default, the only manager used to do the managerial tasks but giving this permission will allow the user to perform the managerial tasks.
- Perform Administrative Task: Allowing the user to perform the administrative task.
- Manage Table Layout: By giving this permission the user will be able to manage the table in any layout they prefer.
- Booking: By Allowing table booking permission.
- Modify Printed Ticket: If a ticket is already sent to the kitchen a server should not be allowed to void it. This permission will allow to let an employee to void such an item.
- Transfer Ticket: Allowing permission to transfer tickets to another server.
- Kitchen Display: Permission to transfer the order to the kitchen display.
- All Functions: Users like admin/manager may require all the functions of the system. By marking this one will allow the user to have access to all the permissions.
- Hold Ticket: Sometimes the user may need to hold a ticket and take/settle another ticket. Giving permission to hold a ticket will allow a user to hold a ticket.
- View All Closed Tickets: Allowing to view all the closed tickets.
- Quick Maintenance: Permission allowing the maintenance.
After you are done making the user type, now you can add user under that user type. To add a user you need to do the following:
- ID: This number will generate randomly but you can give an ID number of your choice.
- SSN: Social Security number(Optional).
- First Name.
- Last Name.
- Secret Key: Key that will be used by this user to log in to the system.
- Confirm Secret Key.
- Cost Per Hour: You can put the wages here to generate payroll.
- User Type: Choose the user type from the drop-down list. Now the user will enjoy the permissions that the user type has.
- Driver: By selecting this you may declare this user as a driver too. Despite having the other privileges, this user will have the advantage to perform the driver’s activity.